Crommunity Round-Up: May 2021
After a dud of an April (when seemingly nothing notable happened), the Crommunity Round-Up is back!
Need to catch up? Check out past Round-Ups (there’s no April Round-Up because, well, it seemed that no one did anything interesting in April)
— — —
RouteThis addresses a glaring ISP support need
RouteThis (one of those under-the-radar local companies that has a great solution for a ubiquitous and expensive problem: ISP troubleshooting and support) released RouteThis Resolve, which simplifies the entire Wi-Fi support process through complete home network visibility, real-time customer education, and effective resolutions—all without any customer premises equipment (CPE) or technician visits (“truck rolls”).
In a helpful blog post, Introducing RouteThis Resolve: The key to better WiFi support, RouteThis‘ CEO (Jason Moore) explains why this solution is needed, citing three industry trends:
- Customers expect their ISPs to help troubleshoot anything related to the home network, even things the ISP doesn’t actually manage…and that includes Wi-Fi
- When it comes to troubleshooting WiFi, existing support tools weren’t very helpful for either the ISP or the customer
- Support agents are now expected to help educate the end customer, rather than simply resolve issues
Combine those, and you get a great opportunity for RouteThis to leverage their proven expertise.
Bits and Bytes
Here are a few other May notables:
- eSentire dropped a new collab with VMware Carbon Black, Detecting and Responding to Zero-Day Attacks: Protecting yourself when patching is not an option, a deep-dive that shows how detection and response capabilities are critical in the fight against zero-day attacks; in case you’re wondering why cybercrime is still a thing, eSentire also shared research into the insanely lucrative world of ransomware
- Speaking of cybersecurity, Arctic Wolf introduced a new security and awareness training solution, Managed Security Awareness
- Ecopia AI posted a detailed blog that explains why their Building-Based Geocoding is extraordinarily superior to the industry’s leading geocoding solutions
- Meya shared a new success story that shows how they enabled Inside Weather to deliver automated and personalized support service
— — —
Aaaand that’s a wrap.
If you want to nominate something for inclusion in the June round-up, then hit me up.